Friday, September 30, 2011

This weekends NFL picks

Well, it’s that time of the week where I throw the picks out for this weekend and see how great or lousy I do. Recapping last week’s picks I finished 8-7 verse the spread and as a straight pick ‘em I finished 9-6. In my opinion, not the best way to start out the season but at least it isn’t on the losing side, Both numbers were on the positive for me.
     This week the same rules still apply and I will be picking every game on the card. With a little skill and a lot of luck, I will be doing much better this week than last. Once again all my selection will be highlighted. Good luck!!

NFL Point Spreads For Week 4 - Week Four NFL Football Point Spread - NFL Spreads 10/2 - 10/3, 2011

Date & Time
Favorite
Spread
Underdog
10/2 1:00 ET
At Dallas
-1.5
Detroit
10/2 1:00 ET
New Orleans
-7
At Jacksonville
10/2 1:00 ET
At Philadelphia
-9
San Francisco
10/2 1:00 ET
Washington
-2
At St. Louis
10/2 1:00 ET
At Cleveland
-1
Tennessee
10/2 1:00 ET
Buffalo
-3
At Cincinnati
10/2 1:00 ET
Minnesota
-1.5
At Kansas City
10/2 1:00 ET
At Chicago
-6
Carolina
10/2 1:00 ET
At Houston
-3.5
Pittsburgh
10/2 4:05 ET
Atlanta
-4.5
At Seattle
10/2 4:05 ET
NY Giants
-1
At Arizona
10/2 4:15 ET
At San Diego
-7
Miami
10/2 4:15 ET
At Green Bay
-12.5
Denver
10/2 4:15 ET
New England
-4
At Oakland
10/2 8:25 ET
At Baltimore
-3.5
NY Jets

Monday Night Football Point Spread

10/3 8:35 ET
At Tampa Bay
-10
Indianapolis



     Well these are what I like and I’m sticking to it. I feel pretty good about every one of these and I’ll give you my thoughts on each one:
 Detroit is just too hot right now and is definitely the sexy pick this week and Dallas is coming off the big win on Monday. Always pick against the Monday night winner.
New Orleans is starting to get a lot of that old offensive power back and Jacksonville is still struggling.
San Francisco is really not that bad of a team. Philly on the other hand is beginning to show how overrated they are.
Washington will be looking to bounce back and what better team to get that chance against than the Rams.
Tennessee is down Brit, nuff said.
I’m going against normal wisdom of having the big win hangover and picking Buffalo. They are good enough to work through it.
Minnesota should get a chance to break the slide they are on. If they do lose to KC, look for many heads to roll.
Carolina is winning this game outright. Chicago clearly has some major holes in the secondary and look for Cam to expose it with the underneath throws this week.
Pittsburgh should have this game because Houston just isn’t there yet.
Seattle is my sleeper pick because Atlanta is still not very good on the road.
Rolling with the Giants this week against a poor Arizona secondary.
San Diego is at home but may be without most of their weapons so Miami gets the nod from me.
Denver is clearly getting way too many points in this one and I expect Green Bay to have a bit of a letdown after the big divisional win.
When was the last time New England lost two in a row or that Tom Brady had back to back bad games?
The Jets have decided to go away from the ground and pound and go with Air Sanchez. Really? Good luck beating Baltimore that way.
Tampa should handle Indy pretty easily. No way the defense Indy had on the field last week shows up again.
     I hope you all have a good weekend and those of you out there in fantasy football land; 1-2 or 0-3 is not the end of the world but lose this week and start looking at playing for respect, not a top spot in your leagues. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment