Friday, April 6, 2012

JOBS Act to the Rescue of Startups and Small Business

Hello everyone! I hope the week has been kind to you and the weekend will be even kinder. For those of you on the religious side, Easter is this Sunday and Passover starts Friday so I hope you enjoy your time with family and friends. I myself have had a pretty busy week and I’m excited about the new direction I am heading with the blog. I want to thank all of you for your feedback and support on the new format. I’ve decided that I will do videos three times a week and write at least one regular article a week. This way I won’t get too lazy just sitting in front of the camera.
                If you have been following my twitter account (@oldskoolstyle) or are on my Facebook page, you know I’ve been busy sending down news articles I think would have some interest to y’all. Just so you know, I do read everyone I send out. Some of the stories I find amusing and think you may get a laugh. While others are sent to keep you informed of what is going on in the world. With so much on all our plates, I try to get the articles and stories that could possible affect us the most.


(Photo credit: Wikipedia)

          Now there is one story I did not send out today because I felt it needed a little more attention. Today President Obama signed into law the JOBS Act. JOBS stand for Jumpstart Our Business Startups. I won’t go into all the legal jargon of the law but what it does is allow startups and small businesses the ability to raise capital and investors by alternate means. This means with the smaller companies able to raise capital to expand their business it will in turn create a need for a larger workforce thus creating jobs. The JOBS Act also gives private investors a way to put money into smaller companies that would not have been afforded to them before.
                I see this as a win/win situation. As an entrepreneur to have both the ability to go into a bank and ask for a loan or look to the public sector for investing will help stopgap many business from failing. The economy has been nothing short of the Grim Reaper when it came to smaller companies. Many places had to close their doors due to lack of capital injection to stave off debt. I feel with this new law in place, those places that are on the precipice of failure can be saved by us, the public. In return, we would be able to invest in other means than the regular stock market. Who doesn’t want to be the guy that helps save a company and turn it into a successful corporation?
                This is one of the better things to come out of this administration in a long time, if at all. With so many other laws put in place to help banks, Wall Street, and other investment firms it’s about time to see something come down to help the little guy. Even if it is a few years late. My only hope now is that we as a country take hold of this new law and use it to our advantage. Let’s take some educated risks and make the small business sector boom once again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment